
I enjoyed touring around the track on the gator on Friday while we were setting up the luminaria's! :) I look so "official" haha :)

Carter really enjoyed all aspects of the actual event. He LOVED running around the track looking at all of the campsites. Although, I think his favorite part were the eating parts. :) The annual "Taste of Fort" was held at the high school a good majority of the proceeds were donated to the Relay. Carter enjoyed the yummy food...especially Ken's Big Bar.




On Friday night the Survivor's and their families had their ceremony. They made a lap together and then released balloons to honor their fight. Carter was able to release a ballon in honor of his Grandpa Flack.




The most touching moment of the Relay is the Luminaria ceremony. This year we sold over 1,000 luminaria bags that lined our track. The luminaria's honor those who survived their battle with cancer, as well as those who lost their triumphant battle. Once the sun went down and all the bags were glowing, it was such an emotional view.


Jonathan was able to light his dad's luminaria bag.

1 comment:
Great pictures! I'm going to have to steal some from my scrapbook. My aunt posted some on Facebook too so I'll be stealing hers as well.
Sara
Post a Comment